The easiest recipe to a happy and healthy life is to throw in a good diet and regular exercise into a bowl, mix it up really well, remove alcohol, cigarettes and drugs, and prevent stress from sneaking in. And if you want to make losing weight and staying slim simpler than that, here are ten everyday ways to do so:
1. Get one hour of exercise every day, for at least five days a week. You don’t have to do anything strenuous, just brisk walking will do. If you cannot devote an entire hour, break it up into smaller intervals of 10 or 15 minutes throughout the day.
2. Eat at least two servings of fruits every day, either with your meals or as a mid-meal snack. You could also juice them if you’re not in the mood to eat them, but remember not to add sugar, milk, cream or any other additives that increase its calorific value.
3. Include at least three vegetables in your meals throughout the course of the day – if one of your meals is rich in meat, make up with vegetables during two or three others. Remember, vegetables are healthier when eaten raw or steamed rather than when fried in oil. So instead of eating fries, mash your potatoes to get the maximum benefit.
4. Adopt four different kinds of workouts – do cardio routines one day, strength training the next, work your upper body on the third, and your lower body on the fourth. When you cross train, you not only work all the muscles in your body, but also avoid injury and repetitive stress.
5. Eat five small meals a day instead of three large ones – this way, you avoid a full stomach and the lethargy that comes with it, and you boost your metabolism by eating in small amounts and on a regular basis.
6. Fight the six detrimental habits – smoking, drinking, drugs, stress, gluttony, and laziness.
7. Use one of seven days in the week to do something for yourself; rest all day to rejuvenate yourself for the week ahead, or spend the day doing something that feeds your soul.
8. Get at least eight hours of sleep every night; without adequate sleep, you tend to put on weight and lose your health.
9. Make it a point to eat breakfast around nine am every day; when you provide your body with fuel early in the morning, you boost your body’s metabolism and promote weight loss even when sedentary.
10. And finally, remember the power of ten minutes – when you think you have no time to exercise, remember you need to spend just ten minutes to gain its benefits; when you think you have no time for breakfast, remember that it takes only ten minutes to eat some toast and an egg; and when prefer to take the elevator, remember that it takes just ten more minutes to climb the stairs.
contributed by Ashley M.Jones
Related Topics :Top 10 food that help burn fat